Health Coverage Gaps | Retirement Gaps | HIPAA Privacy | GLBA Privacy
Employer – what are your issues of the day with employee benefits? Are they…
- Low deductible health plans are too expensive.
- High deductible health plans bankrupt the employee savings.
- Health Savings Accounts paired with qualified high deductible health plans are misunderstood.
- Traveling to centers of excellence for cancer care is expensive.
- Unexpected accidents wipe out the bank account.
- Employer-provided life insurance is not enough for family financial planning.
- Employer-provided long-term disability does not help with short-term disabilities.
- Retirement income plan is not structured for the unexpected long-term health care need.
- Employees need help with enrolling but have private medical questions to ask. Private health discussions (HIPAA – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) cannot be violated at the workplace.
- Applicable Large Employer health plans must be deemed “affordable” through the Affordable Care Act. Private financial discussions (GLBA – Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act) cannot reveal an employee’s premium-to-income structure.
Voluntary benefit offerings allow the employees to supplement the gaps in coverage to help protect themselves and families from financial ruin. We are experts in voluntary benefit offering at VRI. In fact, Anne Sperling is the author and presenter for the National Association of Health Underwriters Voluntary Benefit Certification program.
Want a copy of the correct steps to offering voluntary benefits?